Emergency Response Tips for Each Laboratory Accident Type
① Chemical Leak
- Wash the exposed body part with clean water for more than 15 minutes.
- Wear personal protective equipment (gas mask) when hazardous gases are generated.
② Gas Leak
- Shut off the gas valve and ventilate the laboratory.
- Wear personal protective equipment (gas mask) in case of toxic gas leakage.
- When inhaling gas, go to a well-ventilated area.
③ Electric Shock
- Wear insulated gloves and immediately disconnect the power source.
- Check the condition of the injured person and perform first aid (CPR).
- Wash the contaminated part and disinfect it with a disinfectant solution.
- Immediately stop the machine in case of an accident.
- Wrap the wound with a thick cloth or gauze to stop the bleeding.
- Wash the severed body part, wrap it with plastic, keep it in an ice pack, and deliver it to a hospital that specializes in replantation.
※ Even if there is no abnormality, go to a special hospital, and get a medical examination.