Graduate students whose prescribed time limit expires as of Feb. 25, 2018 may apply for an extension subject to approval by the Academic/Research Review Committee. Instructions are provided below.
1. Eligibility: Graduate students (including integrated MS-PhD) whose prescribed time limit expires as of Feb. 25, 2018.(excluding students expecting graduation in February 2018)
2. Required Document: Application for Extention of Prescribed Time Limit [Download]
3. Deadline: Friday, December 22, 2018
4. Where to submit: the Department office(To Hyounkyu Ju, Tel. 3005)
Enrollment Duration Limit
|Degree Classification||Enrollment Duration Limit||Applicable Subjects|
|Undergraduate||May not exceed 6 years||All students|
|Graduate||May not exceed 5 years||Up to students enrolled in 2008|
|May not exceed 3 years||Starting from students enrolled in 2009|
|Ph.D.||May not exceed 7 years||Up to students enrolled in 2008|
|May not exceed 5 years||Starting from students enrolled in 2009|
|Integrated Graduate and Ph.D. Program||May not exceed 8 years||Up to students enrolled in 2009 (including graduate program)|
|May not exceed 6 years||Starting from students enrolled in 2009 (including graduate program)|
– The term of leave of absence for each course is not included.
– If an extension is needed due to unavoidable circumstances for graduate and Ph.D. students, an extension (up to two terms, one year each) may be given after receiving approval from the Deliberation Council.
– Students who have not fulfilled all requirements and have exceeded the enrollment duration limit will be expelled.