Refer to the instructions below on application for readmission in
Spring 2018 for dropouts and expelled students.
□ Eligibility : Dropouts and expelled students of Undergraduate or Graduate programs
○ Submission by students : submit to the department/division office by Thursday, December 14, 2017
○ Evaluation by Departments/Divisions : Friday, December 15 ~ Thursday, December 21, 2017
○ Submission of Departments/Divisions evaluation result to Academic Registrar’s Team : Thursday, December 28, 2017
□ Conditions for Readmission
○ No more than 3 years from the date of dropout or expulsion.
○ Students who belong to the following categories are not eligible for readmission
– Those who are expelled for exceeding enrollment duration limit(Up to students enrolled in 2008)
– Those who are expelled for exceeding enrollment duration limit or who are expelled or voluntarily withdraw after getting enrollment duration limit extended (Starting from student enrolled in 2009)
※ The suspension period (3 years) does not include time taken for military service or medical treatment (needed to attach supporting documents for proof)
○ Readmission is possible after 2 semesters including the semester in which dropping out or expulsion occurred.
□ Readmission Application and Review Process
Application for Readmission → Department/Division Review → Review by Dean of Student Affairs & Policy(undergraduate students) → Review by Academic and Research Review Committee → Approval by Provost
□ Recommendation for Readmission by Department
○ The candidate is evaluated on academic capacity, remaining number of semesters, and possibility of graduation based on the advisor’s opinion on readmission and future study plan by a three-member review committee consisting of the advisor, department head, and department professor or a department-related committee.
○ For undergraduate students, the Dean of Student Affairs & Policy will interview the recommended candidate and results will be announced through the Academic and Research Review Committee.
※ Students who were on Undeclared Major at the time of dropping out or expulsion must choose an intended department and will be reviewed by the department
□ Required Documents for Readmission
○ Application for Readmission (see attachment)
○ Future Study Plan (see attachment)
○ Opinion of Advisor on Readmission (see attachment)
○ Recommendation for Readmission (see attachment)
○ Academic Transcript
○ Proof of military service or medical condition as outlined in Article 55-5 of Academic Regulations (if applicable)
○ Previously earned credits will be automatically recognized without any additional procedure.
○ Requirements for graduation will be unchanged from the date of initial admission.
○ The number of enrolled semesters will be counted from the date of initial admission.
○ Students readmitted after expulsion will be expelled upon receiving an academic warning.
○ Students expelled due to failing the qualifying exam must pass the exam within 1 year(including the period of taking a leave of absence except maximum 1 semester) of readmission, or will face expulsion again if requirements are not met.
○ Students can be readmitted only once and will be accepted to the original academic year or lower.
○ Tuition for readmitted students shall follow the rules on “Imposition of Tuition fees”.
1. Application for Readmission
2. Future Study Plan
3. Opinion of(Prospective)Advisor on Readmission
4. Recommendation for Readmission
Contact : Academic Registrar’s Team.(Ext 2361 / * firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dean of Academic Affairs