Refer to the instructions below on application for readmission in
Spring 2019 for dropouts and expelled students.
□ Eligibility: Dropouts and expelled students of Undergraduate or Graduate programs
○ Submission by students : submit to the department/division office by Friday, December 14, 2018
○ Evaluation by Departments/Divisions : Monday, December 17 ~ Wednesday, December 26, 2018
○ Submission of Departments/Divisions evaluation result to Academic Registrar’s Team : Friday, December 28, 2018
□ Conditions for Readmission
○ Students who belong to the following categories are not eligible for readmission
– Those who are expelled for exceeding enrollment duration limit(Up to students enrolled in 2008)
– Those who are expelled for exceeding enrollment duration limit or who are expelled or voluntarily withdraw after getting enrollment duration limit extended (Starting from student enrolled in 2009)
○ Readmission is possible after 2 semesters including the semester in which dropping out or expulsion occurred.
□ Readmission Application and Review Process
Application for Readmission → Department/Division Review → Review by Dean of Student Affairs & Policy(undergraduate students) → Review by Academic and Research Review Committee → Approval by Provost
※ Readmission with changing of major
|Application for Readmission
Prepare two copies of each required document, and submit to both the current department and the new department(※In addition to the application for readmission, Future study plan, opinion of advisor on readmission, and Academic transcript, applicants seeking readmission to a different department must submit an ″application for department transfer″, and undergraduate applicants who have not declared major but decided his/her department must submit a ″declaration of major(undergraduate)″.)
Review by both the Current and new departments(※ Students who have not declared major shall go through the new department/division review only)
|Review by Dean of Student Affairs & Policy(undergraduate students)
|Review by Academic and Research Review Committee
□ Recommendation for Readmission by Department
○ The candidate is evaluated on academic capacity, remaining number of semesters, and possibility of graduation based on the advisor’s opinion on readmission and future study plan by a three-member review committee consisting of the advisor, department head, and department professor or a department-related committee.
○ For undergraduate students, the Dean of Student Affairs & Policy will interview the recommended candidate and results will be announced through the Academic and Research Review Committee.
□ Required Documents for Readmission
○ Application for Readmission (see attachment)_to be submitted by applicant
○ Future Study Plan (see attachment)_to be submitted by applicant
○ Opinion of Advisor on Readmission (see attachment)_to be submitted by applicant
○ Academic Transcript_to be submitted by applicant
○ Application for department transfer_to be submitted by applicant(Change a major)
○ Declaration of major(undergraduate)_to be submitted by applicant(Declared a major)
○ Recommendation for Readmission (see attachment)_to be submitted by department
※ Students applying for readmission to a different department shall prepare two copies each, and submit to both the current and new departments
○ Previously earned credits will be automatically recognized without any additional procedure.
○ Requirements for graduation will be unchanged from the date of initial admission.
○ The number of enrolled semesters will be counted from the date of initial admission.
○ Students readmitted after expulsion will be expelled upon receiving an academic warning.
○ Students expelled due to failing the qualifying exam must pass the exam within 1 year(including the period of taking a leave of absence except maximum 1 semester) of readmission, or will face expulsion again if requirements are not met.
○ Students can be readmitted only once and will be accepted to the original academic year or lower.
○ Tuition for readmitted students shall follow the rules on “Imposition of Tuition fees”.
1. Application for Readmission
2. Future Study Plan
3. Opinion of(Prospective)Advisor on Readmission
4. Recommendation for Readmission
5. Application for department transfer
6. Declaration of major(undergraduate)
Contact : Academic Registrar’s Team.(Ext 2361 / * email@example.com)
Dean of Academic Affairs